Prevent Electrical Fires in Your Home

Electrical Outlet Overload

  • Be careful with nails or staples used to attach electrical cords to the walls or baseboards because it is easy to damage the cords and cause fire or shock hazards.  An alternative is to tape cords to walls or floors, or carefully use “U” fasteners.
  • Regularly check your electrical appliances and wiring.  Frayed wires can cause fires, so replace all worn, old, or damaged appliance cords immediately.  If you notice this and you’re thinking about purchasing a new appliance anyway, maybe this is the right time to do so.
  • Touch electrical outlets and switches – if they are warm to the touch, this could indicate an issue.
  • Use special care with electric space heaters as they can be hazard when left unattended.

 



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *